This blog is no longer in use

Followers


Blog Archive

25/03/2009

Claire Campbell





Claire Campbell's work inspired me right from the beginning as her aim is to create contemporary classics that will last rather than the transient fashion that commonly takes place today. However, my aim is to recreate classic cuts by taking men's shirts and reworking them into women's shirts. Her collections have a rustic feel to them as the colour scheme throughout always seems similar and despite the garments being tailored to a high standard they look worn and as if they have been reworked and adjusted. I was also inspired to add lace to my collection after seeing the small lace details that are on some of her pieces. I especially like the lace around the collar, which I think would work pefectly with my shirts. After all, the shirts that I am working with were once men's shirts so I feel the lace will add more femininity to the shirts.







No comments:

Post a Comment